|Bulk Italian sausage||1 lb|
|Garlic, minced||1 clove|
|Basil||1 tbsp fresh or 1 tsp dried|
|Diced tomatoes||2 cups (from 28oz can)|
|Tomato sauce||15 oz|
|Lasagna noodles||12 1oz noodles|
|Ricotta cheese||15 oz|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||½ cup|
|Oregano||1 tbsp fresh or 1.5 tsp dried|
|Mozzarella cheese, shredded||2 cups (8 oz)|
- Cook the sausage, onion, and garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sausage is no longer pink; drain
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the basil, sugar, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Heat the boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened
- Heat the oven to 350°F
- Cook and drain the noodles
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese, remaining 1 tbsp of parsley and the oregano
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture in an unerased 13x9 in glass baking dish. Top with 4 noodles. Spread 1 cup of the cheese mixture over the noodles; spread with 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with 4 noodles, the remaining cheese mixture, 1 cup of the sauce mixture and 2/3 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining noodles and sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cover; bake for 30 minutes
- Uncover; bake for about 15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly
- Let stand for 14 minutes before cutting